The main content of the archive consists of various documents and evidence, which formed the basis of the martyrology of Drobytsky Yar.
These are memories of a few who managed to avoid death, who knew and remembered the dead - their neighbors, colleagues, and relatives.
More than 500 people provided information about the victims of Drobytsky Yar, and are all listed on the website.
When examining the archive of P. Sokolsky, new names of victims were established: more than 280 people were previously absent from the martyrology.
References for all the victims in the martyrology of Drobytsky Yar mentioned in the archive are now linked to the “Archive of Sokolsky P.”
This is a vast collection of photographs, documents, and newspaper and magazine clippings composed on the issues that in any way associate with the tragedy of the Drobitsky Yar; linked to the initiation of the project, to fundraising, to preparation and construction of the memorial complex. Materials collected in the archive are literary works and artistic creations dedicated to the Drobitsky Yar, polemical notes and eyewitness accounts with specific names. Now, victims identified in our website’s martyrology are also cross-referenced with the “Davydov’s Archives”.
Became available information about deceased members of some families (eg Davydov, Polnarev, Shvartz, Shais, Tunis, Traynen and many others)
Now you can view documents using Adobe Flash or HTML5
For each victim provides links to documents (records) from the Central Database of Shoah Victims' Names (Yad Vashem)
for the registration of the population of the city of Kharkov.
1. Anyone who is currently resides in Kharkov is required to register
2. Population census is performed by the homeowners with the chairman of tenant’s troika and under the supervision of the City Council’s district burgomasters.
3. Registration is performed based on lists of the specific format
4. For every household there are 2 lists: the first list includes all tenants except Zhids; Signed up in the second list all Zhids regardless of faith
5. Lists are signed by the homeowner or the Chairman of the tenant’s Troika responsible for the registration.
Kharkov Region State Archive (KhRSA). Fund P-3068. Register 1. Case 179. Sheets 79, 79 back
Registration of the Jews was carried out on a printed form yellow color paper.